Newday Leadership Summit 2023
If you know our Summits, you’ll know that the day is part festival, part wellbeing retreat and part world-class leadership conference. This year we are excited to announce our theme: Wisdom + Wonder.View program
If you know our Summits, you’ll know that the day is part festival, part wellbeing retreat and part conference. Our Summits feature a high calibre program of brilliant interactive speakers and activators and many other sensory delights, including our opt-in massage, yoga and art therapy, our popular pop-up shop and of course delicious food and drink from the events team.
Wisdom + Wonder: our theme for 2023
This year, our Newday program is being carefully curated to respond to the invitation set by this theme, and bring both wisdom and wonder to the experience of everyone who shares the day. As we do every year, we set a limit to the number of tickets we offer. We’re sure this event will book out as many tables are already accounted for. Head across to the ticket page to learn more.
Whether it’s the search for deep understanding and meaning, the beauty of curiosity and awe, the exploration of theoretical and practical knowledge, or the pursuit of universal ‘truth’, Newday is set to capture hearts, and free minds.
Here’s how Newday can ignite wonder and wisdom in your life, whilst inspiring and advancing your leadership potential:
- nourish your wellbeing, expand your connections, and inspire new ways of looking at the world, so you can lead with greater impact
- advance your cultural awareness, intelligence and understanding to new heights
- increase your knowledge on a diverse range of concepts and challenge preconceived notions, enabling you to broaden your leadership perspective.
Newday will be:
1. An outstanding leadership development opportunity
2. An opportunity to thank your staff for their hard work
3. A wellbeing day
4. A unique offering for a team Christmas celebration!
Introducing our speakers and activators
- Dr Fiona Kerr is a world-renowned humanist, technologist and complex systems thinker. Her work on paper and on the stage inspires us all “to change the way we think about how we think.” We are so happy to have her back!
- Dr Paul Callaghan belongs to the land of the Worimi People. He is the acclaimed author of The Dreaming Path, a leadership consultant and senior executive who brings cultural wisdom to our inner lives and the world of work.
- Dr Manisha Amin is the CEO of The Centre for Inclusive Design where she harnesses the power of ‘thinking from the edge’. Manisha brings industry experts and global partners together to design inclusively for the greatest impact.
- Cedric Varcoe is a proud Ramindjeri Narrunga man, sought-after artist and weaver who masterfully shares rich culture and dreaming in ways that connect us to the wonder of nature.
- Madhavi Nawana Parker is one of Australia’s leading experts on mental health and wellbeing. Her evidence-based programs and delightful books and resources at Positive Minds Australia improve the lives of thousands of young, disconnected and vulnerable young people.
- Michael Webb is unlike any magician you’ve seen and one of the very few who have left a lucrative derivatives trading career to find viral fame on Australia’s Got Talent! Magic Mike (not the stripper) uses the ‘dark arts’ of magic to enlighten conversations about our innermost worlds.
- Dr Tabitha Healey moved on from a 20-year career as medical oncologist working with young women with breast cancer and into a world of coaching members of the healing professions in the art of living without burnout and stress.
- John Mannion has a passion for normalising the conversation about mental health; a passion that has seen him embrace roles as a mental health therapist, social worker and nurse, work that informs John’s role as leader of the Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation.
- Emma Horwood is one of Australia’s most versatile and acclaimed harpists and singers. Emma’s extensive repertoire features classical, Celtic and contemporary music showcased in performances that leave audiences spellbound.
- Hannah Yates is a multi-instrumentalist singer-songwriter and educator with a fire for social justice. This illuminates her volunteer work as St Vincent de Paul’s Youth Representative.
- Katrina Webb OAM and Matthew Wright-Simon, Newday Leadership’s co-directors will this year be sharing the emcee duties and the stage with all our speakers and activators. We can’t wait!
Wisdom + Wonder: the must-attend event for the year
Our event on 2 November will give you the impetus and permission you have been waiting for to challenge the status quo and create positive impact; to become a person who embodies ‘inspired leadership for the greater good’.
The 2023 Newday Summit will be aligning its program to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We are passionate about taking action to make the world a better place, and these goals provide an effective blueprint for doing so.
This is the must-attend event for you. Whether you are an aspiring, emerging or established leader from the government, corporate, education, or not-for-profit sector, we welcome you to join us.
Ready to experience the power of wonder and deepen your leadership wisdom?Book your tickets
If you or your organisation wishes to partner with us for the Newday Leadership Summit 2023, please contact us for a copy of our partnership prospectus.